Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday Nov 8th

Every once & awhile I get these ideas that always start with "Wouldn't that be cool if..." Then I decide if I have the balls to go through with it. If I can make it possible. More often lately, I've been doing it, and it's been awesome.

This is Charlie's first year on Pass The Mic, so I asked if she wanted to have anyone on. Good-friend-Erin-that-Jocelyn's-still-never-met is the first person that came to mind.

Then on a whim I decided it'd be sweet to have Mason Rack, a musician who's in town from Australia, on Pass The Mic 2009. He's been touring across Canada for the past 4 months, & finally gets to go home next week. However, 4 people in the studio is a crazy thing to imagine. So we did 45 minutes each, starting with Charlie. Mason was pretty stoked, but had to get ready.

Mason's setlist:
Violent Femmes - Country Death Song
Violent Femmes - Black Girls
Muse - Hysteria
Muse - Feelin Good
Tom Waits - Puttin On The Dog
Mason Rack Band - Seen It Before
Gomez - Hangover
Pink Floyd - The Great Gig In The Sky
Jeff Buckley - Everybody Here Wants You
Mason Rack Band - Dead Of Night

I thought it went so well! Relaxed, chatted up a storm. Can't wait to have my next guest on.

Go see Mason play on Tuesday at the Ellice Theatre & Cafe on Tuesday! It'll be your last chance in a while. The show starts at 7 & it's 10$ at the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment