Monday, September 20, 2010

Sunday, September 12th 2010

Today is one of my favourite days of the year.....Cyclovia! There was so much happening this weekend, my blood was red hot from the hours I spent on the pavement.

I took full advantage of the free stages this weekend, which only means I saw two of them: the Cyclovia stage in front of the Leg & the Sherbrook St Fest stage late saturday night. I have a quota I've gotta fill for local bands before I leave to go travelling in October & they keep surprising me with bands I forgot about! Blue Sky Addicts only play about once every 9 months, and I managed to catch them accidentally Sunday afternoon! Great songwriters! Great show! As a tip of the hat, I kicked the show off with them.

Blue Sky Addicts - Stuntman
The Weber Brothers - The One For You For Now
The Crooked Brothers - Sweet Lemons
The Avett Brothers - Laundry Room
The Idlers - Wonderwars
The Real Mackenzies - Mainland
The Ripperz - Believe It or Not
The Vibrating Beds - Just What I Need
The Ripperz - Home Sweet Home
The Pack AD - Cobra Matte
Richard Laviolette - Silhouettes
Whitey - Funkminister
Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - Bottled in Cork
Blue King Brown - Never Fade Away
Balkan Beat Box - Kabulectro
Zrada - Who Was Born In...?
Zrada - Give Me Liquor
Royal Canoe - Dumb Waiter
The Cat Empire - Beyond All
Murder By Death - King of the Gutters Prince of the Dogs
The Bottoms Up Blues Band - Got to Make a Change

Kicked it off with local pop & ended with the blues, with some weird fusion of garage rock, international flavours, bagpipes & folk throughout there. Sound like Only Cowards!

No comments:

Post a Comment