Monday, December 7, 2009

Round 3: Winner takes all.

Sinister? Yes. True? Well, winner gets all the glory anyway. So here's how it goes.
We've both had an awkward & weird weekend. The show keeps our spirits up, and we laugh.
Charlie's old & I'm new.

Thao & The Get Down Stay Down - Cool Yourself (new - J)
Pascale Picard - Wish You Were Here (old - Ch)
winner: Joce

Thursday - Friends in the Armed Forces (new - J)
The Briggs - Oblivion (old - Ch)
winner: Charles. (RPS)

Frank Turner - Live Fast Die Young
Beck - I Think I'm In Love
winner: Charlie. Damn.

Ted Leo & the Pharmacists - Even Heroes Have To Die (new - J)
She Wants Revenge - True Romance (old - Ch)
winner: Joss. Nothing can beat Ted Leo. On a related note: NEW TED LEO!!!

The Burning Hell - Dancer/Romancer (new - J)
Little Joy - Brand New Start (old - Ch)
winner: Jocelyn. The difference here is between filet mignon & street goat.

Queens of the Stone Age - Suture Up Your Future (old - Ch)
Dr Rage & The Uppercuts - Monkeybone (new - J)
winner: Charlie. As much as I dislike QOTSA, this was a pretty good tune.

Eagles of Death Metal - San Berdoo Sun (old - Ch)
Tom Waits - Such A Scream (new - J)
winner: what do you think? Yeah, Tom Waits. Jocelyn. (RPS)

The Donnas - Revolver (old - Ch)
You Say Party! We Say Die! - Glory (new - J)
winner: Jostlen! (RPS)

The Weakerthans - Sun in an Empty Room (old - Ch)
Westbound Train - I Don't Belong Here (new - J)
winner: so Charlie. Like, times one hundred to the power of infinity. I didn't think she was capable of dirty pool!

The Rowdymen - Too Little Too Late

My victory lap:
Thao & The Get Down Stay Down - The Clap
The Cat Empire - So Long

The final score was 5/4 for me. I win the tournament 2-1! Cool! IIt will be good to get this out of my system. It was fun to do. Challenging sometimes too. I've got some stuff I'm ready to spin fo next week - new Mute Math, new Ted Leo, new A Wilhem Scream, more Crooked Brothers, new Blue King Brown... Actually, take a peek at this.







Hope that satiates you till next Sunday!

**RPS means we held our grounds & determined the winner by traditional methods passed from our mother's father's father's mother to us. (Rock paper scissors.)**

No comments:

Post a Comment