Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 3, 2010!!!

3......2......1......
Happy New Year!!!!!!

Alright, don't get mad. I know you missed us last week. While Charlie & I aren't exactly snowbirds, we both got the chance to fly south this year! Be honest, you would if you could! I tried so hard to pre-record my show before I left last saturday, but then my bags were stuck in Chicago & my passport was missing... I was a trainwreck for a week, and had more pressing matters on my mind.

Here's a list of: 4 of my favourite bands I fell in love to in 2009, 2 songs about Louisiana, 3 of my alltime favourite bands, 5 bands I had never heard before I played them on air, and 2 local favourites. You can decide which is which. I always want to kick off the new year by discovering the bands I should have heard of last year.

The Burning Hell - When The World Ends
Blue King Brown - Comin' Through
The Crooked Brothers - Sweet Lemons
The Cat Empire - The Car Song
Cab Calloway - St James Infirmary Blues
Dave Matthews Band - Louisiana Bayou
Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - Hearts of Oak
Thrice - At The Last
The Format - The First Single
Set Your Goals - Gaia Bleeds (Make Way For Man)
Hey Ocean - A Song About California
Shotgun Jimmie - Louis Depson
Hot Live Guys - Night Danger
Shad - The Old Prince Still Lives At Home
Quagmire - Bad News
Wilco - Bull Black Nova
Maiko Watson - Wise Up

No comments:

Post a Comment